IT-Enabled Business Change
To improve certainty of delivery of a mission critical change initiative.
- Principal re-stated the vision and his support, which gave the project the necessary mandate for delivery.
- Developed Project Board reporting tool-kit.
- Training in scheduling led to coherent project plan, regularly updated from confident work-stream leaders.
Valuta carried out a series of strategic reviews of the project using a 3-day intervention. Interviewing 12-15 people involved with delivery, leadership, technical issues as well as end-users, the Valuta team identified a series of key challenges and recommended actions.
Key Learning Points
- The project can not deliver in isolation – need to establish and maintain support of the wider organisation throughout project lifecycle.
- Maintenance of visible 'top of the office' support is critical for success.
- The academic calendar presents a risk to secure delivery.
- Responsibility for delivery rests with the end users, and resources are needed to communicate this message.
- Project board was not able to understand the messages being presented by the project team and decision making was compromised.
- Scheduling activity was put at risk by lack of training.
Client Comment“I particularly value the Valuta team's ability to translate good project practice into our own environment. Their advice is presented in a way which reflects, but also challenges, our institutional culture, and allows us to maximise the benefit of their involvement, which is central to the success of our project”